The dizzying volatility over the past few weeks has left all of our heads spinning as we wait for containment efforts in the United States and elsewhere to help slow new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Public health is of course our primary concern. But beyond that, from an economic and market perspective, there are many difficult but important questions:
- What will the economic impact be for the United States?
- What will the government stimulus look like?
- When will consumer spending return to pre-outbreak trends?
- How big of a hit will corporate profits take?
- Where will bond yields bottom?
We will try to answer these questions in upcoming publications. Many of them will be covered in our next Weekly Market Commentary on Monday, March 16.